The world is in an upheaval due to COVID-19 and its lasting effects, but one constant is that people continue to move, whether it be for work or pleasure. With today’s health crisis, moving and storage companies who achieve success in the industry rely on earned trust from their customers.
The market share continues to become more competitive and you’ll need to create a relationship through quality services in order to improve your business.
According to the American Moving & Storage Association, small businesses remain the industry norm with 47.8% of moving and storage companies employing fewer than 5 people. That means local companies are providing local services, which is attractive to customers. However, it also probably means that you haven’t tried to expand your digital presence far enough.
The experts in digital marketing at Americaneagle.com can push your business to the forefront in an industry that is oversaturated with competition. Here are just a few ideas that will put your business on the path to success.
1. Create a personal connection by alleviating customer pain points
The concept of providing “the best” moving and storing solutions has been replicated time and time again. Still, the process doesn’t seem to get easier for customers who are often the ones left coordinating their move, all while trying to juggle family and work life. Making your brand relatable is a simple way to ease that burden and gain more business.
Take a look at how Piepho Moving & Storage addresses common customer pain points. The company is strengthening that personal connection by blogging about various scenarios that someone might experience during the moving process. Piepho provides tips for how to move with pets and even caters to the ultra-local communities they serve with a blog about the best neighborhoods to move to in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Oakley Relocation also makes the process easier by mentioning in their moving out of state blog that they are a part of the North American Van Lines network. This way, they show costumers that they are supported by affiliated companies and can handle long-distance moves.
Some may think of blogs as just another type of content. In reality, they are one of the most important digital marketing tools available to grow your brand awareness. Hubspot found that businesses that blog receive roughly 55% more website visitors than businesses that don't. Additionally, about 70% of online users discover a company’s information by reading blog articles, instead of converting through advertisements, according to a study by Demand Metric. Not only will blogging help you create a more personal connection, but search engines like Google will recognize creative content. This is especially true if it is completed with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which we’ll talk more about in our next section.
2. Earn more leads and gain more customers through optimization and enhancement strategies
Reevaluating your digital marketing strategies is another way you’ll start to see increased connections with customers in need of moving and storage solutions. Here are some of the most important elements to address when taking a look at your digital marketing approach:
- Web redesign: There are more reasons to revamp your website than just an outdated look. If your current site is creating a negative user experience or if you’re noticing slow page speeds which can effect your overall site performance, it may be time for a redesign. Get your leads to convert with a design that is effective and provides clear navigation toward conversion opportunities.
- SEO: Incorporating SEO best practices is key to enhancing your presence. An updated keyword strategy with on-page elements and strong technical support can go a long way toward optimizing your website. Don’t forget to develop a powerful local SEO strategy that provides your business with visibility during local searches as well.
- Content, Social, Email (and Email Automation) Marketing Management: These are just a few marketing strategy areas you should enhance with professional guidance.
Not only will you create a solid blueprint for each, but a review of data analytics can show you how your customers and prospects are responding.
- Reviews: The reward of offering quality service is the five-star review. While positive reviews make your business look good they are also proven to attract new business. In a survey, Marketing Land found that 90% of customers say positive reviews influenced their buying decisions. That same survey found that 86% stayed away based on negative reviews. Manage your online reviews with effective methods to give your brand a positive image and make sure to showcase your happy customers by sharing their testimonials.
3. Invest in pay-per-click (PPC) marketing
Paid search has become a staple of today's digital marketing landscape and businesses rely on it to be found amid top search results.
The advantages over organic search are significant. WebsiteBuilder discovered that, on average, a business will double its Google Ad return on investment (ROI) and PPC visitors are 50% more likely to make a purchase than someone who arrived on the site through an organic search.
How do you reach the top and beat out your competitors? PPC management experts can help you develop effective online advertising campaigns so the money you spend on paid ads is effective in the right places.
Targeting your ads is vital to being selected. Invest in analysis of your competitors and create targeted listings based on analysis of what your prospects are searching for. It’s also important to perform ad testing and to geo-target your ads. Once you’ve created a winning ad strategy, make sure to maximize it by coordinating your ads across a wide variety of channels (including video ads on YouTube, Facebook and other platforms).
More and more moving and storage companies are shifting their resources into digital marketing strategies in response to the pandemic and are seeing great results. At Americaneagle.com, our Digital Marketing team has the experience to propel your company into an industry-leader. Talk to us about your goals and let us upgrade your digital presence. Contact us today to get started and set yourself on the path to digital excellence.