Shipping can sometimes seem like an afterthought when it comes to ecommerce and selling your products online but it shouldn’t be! That moment between check out and delivery is integral for maintaining customer loyalty and satisfaction. BigCommerce makes it easy to get everything you need set-up, whether it is native or a third-party app. Your shipping options all depend on your business and when your fulfillment process is right it can save you time and money. We’ll take a look at these options as well as the pros and cons of each to help you make good business decisions.
ShipStation is a web-based shipping solution for ecommerce retailers that streamlines the fulfillment process. Available to install through BigCommerce’s app store, it’s easy to integrate and get started quickly. If you are looking for an app that will help with buying and printing labels and packing slips for your shipments post-order, ShipStation is a solid app that grown with the ecommerce industry since 2011.
- Great for multi-channel merchants, whether shipping through BigCommerce, Amazon, or other channels ShipStation has many integrations pre-built to make it easy to ship efficiently.
- The ability to print labels for USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Australia Post, Canada Post, and more. They also offer discounted rates for USPS.
- Time-saving automation rules so that you can customize your shipping and order fulfillment processes.
- It only focuses on post-order fulfillment processes so you may need other apps such as BigCommerce Shipping or ShipperHQ to help with real-time shipping quotes within the Cart and Checkout.
If your needs for shipping are more complex, ShipperHQ is a great app to add to your store. The flexibility you have with advanced shipping rules and control over customization is invaluable. With ShipperHQ, you have the ability to control all aspects of shipping rates and options including LTL, in-store pickup, scheduling, and address validation.
- For those with more complex shipping needs, ShipperHQ offers real-time LTL freight carrier rates and the ability to calculate shipping for multiple locations or drop shipping directly from a vendor.
- ShipperHQ is integrated into BigCommerce with easy set-up and if you are an Enterprise customer they offer the Essentials plan at no cost.
- While ShipperHQ is advanced, it isn’t the best option for smaller businesses. Some companies may be overwhelmed by the more robust functionality.
- The app doesn’t print labels so you would need to integrate other software for this.
BigCommerce Shipping App
The BigCommerce Shipping App, or BC Shipping, is BigCommerce’s free shipping and fulfillment management solution. Powered by ShipHawk and Parcelcast, the app allows US-based merchants to display carrier-generated shipping quotes to users, print shipping and return labels for USPS, DHL, and UPS, and configure shipping policies to help optimize the fulfillment process
- The app is free to all BigCommerce merchants, saving you money. While is a $0.05 fee for each label printed using your own carrier account(s), there are no fees for printing labels using the built-in Parcelcast carrier accounts for USPS and DHL.
- Best of both worlds. BC Shipping offers both a label print solution and in-cart rates.
- The app has been recently released by BigCommerce so there are a few things that could be improved upon.
- Currently, BC Shipping is only available to merchants based in the US.
While the options for shipping software can be dizzying, it’s important to implement a solution that will satisfy both your business and your shoppers. If you need guidance, we’re here to help.