11 Ways to Grab Your Visitor's Attention
With the advance of technology and the increase of high-speed Internet connections, multimedia is more accessible than ever. It is also more affordable than ever. For all types of companies and organizations there are more opportunities than ever to convert a static, text-only Web site into a dynamic and enriching multimedia experience.
You may be wondering, what exactly is multimedia? In a nutshell, multimedia describes a number of technologies that present text, graphics, video, animation, and sound in an integrated way. A CD ROM is a good example of a multimedia application. Some of the more popular multimedia used on the Internet include Flash animation, streaming media, webcasts, 3D animation and on-demand video.
As multimedia becomes more commonplace, Web users will likely increase their appetite for it. Already most professional sports Web sites are using a variety of multimedia applications to enrich the users experience and bring them closer to the team they follow. But it is also being used by companies and organizations who want to cultivate wider audiences and deepen brand loyalty.
One of the most outstanding benefits of a multimedia-enhanced Web site is that it can get your point across in ways plain text can't. Here are some ways multimedia can be used to bring visitors closer to your products and services:
- Online seminars
- Video clips of trade show highlights
- 3D animation of product demos
- Live webcasts of a shareholders meeting
- On-demand video
- Virtual tours
- Automated historical timeline
- Online PowerPoint slideshows
- Live audio broadcasts
- Online meetings
In recent months, Americaneagle.com has expanded our multimedia services. Here's a quick list of some of them:
- Basic Flash Services - Animations, advertisements, introductions and Flash Web sites
- Advanced Flash Services
- On-Demand Audio and Video Streaming
- Live Audio and Video Streaming - One-time or monthly plans
- Audio and Video encoding
- Non-Linear Video Editing — using Avid video-editing technology
- 3D Animation
- DVD Authoring and short-run replication
- Broadcast Signal Acquisition
- Audio/Video transfers from: Betacam SP, DVD, VHS, S-VHS, etc.
- Secure Streaming content capabilities
Here are some examples of multimedia used in our clients' Web sites:
- From locker room to living room in minutes, YES Network provides New York sports fans with exclusive player and coach interviews right after the game!
- The Chicago Blackhawks media is available to fans online, even during the off season.
- Experience the latest video codecs on the newest Americaneagle.com TV ads.
- The Flash application at Stuart Weitzman displays related products in a visual format rather than textual format, increasing consumer awareness of their product lines.