Blasting out an email to your customers on a relatively consistent basis is a great way to increase your online revenue as well as your online engagement. Although it’s an absolute must for ecommerce sites, it’s also a great lead generator for businesses and organizations that don’t sell anything online. A solid email marketing campaign should be an integral part of any overall marketing strategy for any business or organization.
To start, let’s go over some basic best practices for a solid broadcast email campaign.
- Make it personal. Segment your lists and send out specific emails targeting those lists with information and offers pertinent to them. You know how many emails you get – and you know the ones you open and the ones you delete without even opening. It’s important to make sure the email you send out is personalized and presents some type of value to the person opening it. If not, they’ll put it right in their online trash can.
- Have a good design. The days of sending out one line of text in an email ended last century. Send out professional emails with an engaging look and feel that follow your brand guidelines so that your customers know it’s coming from you and they can feel comfortable opening it.
- Make sure it’s mobile friendly. I don’t think I have to bore you with the mobile stats that you already know, but most people are opening their email with a mobile device – and some are even wearing it! Make sure that your email marketing design templates are responsively designed and properly show up on the screen in which your users are viewing it.
- Present good content and good offers. With the amount of email we get, it’s important to have good, educational and interesting content to share OR a truly special offer (such as free shipping) for your customers. Don’t waste time sharing the fact that Bob was promoted to the assistant general manager’s position within your company. Nobody cares about Bob. Unless Bob can do something for them.
Here are some fantastic stats that prove email marketing is critical to your online and overall success:
- Email has an average ROI of $38 for each $1 spent. Source: Emailmonday
- 72% of consumers say that email is their favored form of communication with companies they deal with. 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently. Source: MarketingSherpa
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. Source: McKinsey
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message. Source: Direct Marketing Association
- 81% of US online shoppers are more likely to make additional purchases, either online or in a store, as a result of emails based on previous shopping behaviors and preferences. Source: Harris Interactive
- One in five of consumers said they read every email newsletter they receive just to see if something’s on offer. Source: Forrester Research
- 55% of companies generate more than 10 percent of sales from email. Source: Econsultancy
- 42% of businesses say email is one of their most effective lead generation channels. And for B2B marketers, 88% say email is the most effective lead generation tactic. Source: Circle Research
Finally, it’s important to analyze your email marketing campaigns by tracking your results.
- What is your open rate?
- Are users clicking through to actually view your site/offer?
- Do your sales see a spike when you send out a broadcast email?
- Do they…..unsubscribe?
Those are just some of the questions to ask - modify or change your email campaigns based on your findings. If that doesn’t work, try A/B testing and let the results speak for themselves! As always, contact us if you are interested as many of our customers see great results utilizing our dynamic broadcast email system called idev Broadcast Email.Contact Us