At our recent Forum, I presented on the topic of digital marketing with Tim Ahlenius, our Americaneagle.com Director of Experience Marketing. Here’s an overview of our presentation for those who couldn’t attend.
If your site is live and you’re wondering what to do next, begin by creating a strategy for your digital marketing. Sometimes, the best way to do this is by starting with the issue at hand. Some problems you might be struggling with include the following:
- We don’t know where to start next
- How do we track success?
- Nothing has worked
- Traffic is low
Discovering Who, Why, Where, When and How are key to your strategy.
A strategy phase is a discovery phase. From here we prescribe exact solutions to your business needs.
- Set goals and objectives
- Understand the role of each channel
- Set KPIs for each channel
- Revisit your strategy regularly
Strategy Plans the Amplification
1. Extend the reach of content to your target audience across all devices.
2. Maintain existing customer relationships and connect with new audiences.
3. Drive brand awareness and produce content that encourages users to interact.
The Prescription: Integrated Digital Marketing
Integrated Digital Marketing is the toolkit for solving problems.
Have you heard of the picture superiority effect? Often, pictures have a greater effect on us than words, and we have a much greater ability to recall them later.
There are different stages of engagement when using images as well. A product shot alone will only offer basic engagement, a lifestyle shot (with your product being used and on a location setting) is a vast improvement, while a video is even better. Although these solutions might seem expensive, the investment is usually worth it.
Tools of the Trade
Content Calendars are vital tools for digital marketing teams working together, to synchronize content.
- Third Party tool configurations
- Implementation / integrations
- Backend and frontend code updates
What is Measurable?
- Consider what action you want users to take next
- Assess the possible user journey
- What is your website designed to do?
- Monitor hard data over vanity metrics
For more ideas one what to do next once your site is live, get in touch with the Americaneagle.com team today!